Filing deadline for 2022 elections is: Monday December 13, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. For details of filing for county or state level offices that are wholly located within Smith County, click here.
Voting Frequently Asked Questions:
- – Will my vote be counted?
- – What if my first choice is not the nominee?
- – What if I don’t know the nominees?
- – Will I have to wait in line?
- – Is it safe to vote in person?
- – How to handle my mail ballot.
- – What happens if voter does not sign ballot envelope?
- How can I find out if my Smith County mail ballot has been received by Elections Administrator?
– Call 903-590-4777 or,
– Visit TXBallot.org
Smith County Democrats –
The 2020 election has shown us that every voter matters. Commit to a plan to elect better representatives at all levels.
When everyone plays by the same rules, gets a fair shot, and does their fair share, everyone benefits. We care about our neighbors and know that we’re stronger together than we are on our own. Our values are rooted in opportunity, freedom, fairness, equality, and progress.
2020 is upon us and there is a lot of work to do. We have recruited more local democratic candidates for the primaries. The citizens of Smith County Texas deserve more choices at the polls and Democrats are working hard to make that a reality.
These are historic times. Democrats throughout Texas are more fired up than ever before. Now is the time to get involved and make a difference. The Smith County Democratic Party is a big-tent party and we would love your help turning the tide here in Texas.
End. Updated 10/16/2020